Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nanovor

When Smith and Tinker came in on Wednesday, I was almost literally jumping out of my seat. I was anxious as I  knew they were going to hand out their developing new product for each of us to test. I didn't even have a clue what the product or game was going to look like, but I found myself still wanting to get my hands on it. It was like a little boy on Christmas day waiting for his presents. As they were presenting the IP and game development of Nanovor, I can honestly say that I pretty much zoned out and thought of only when they would hand out the products. Despite my lack of concentration in the classroom, I was still able to comprehend some of the things they were saying. 

One thing particularly interesting was how they were able to integrate an offline and online compenent together. This was exactly what I wanted to do originally as a group project with augmented reality and a trading card game. We later switched to another idea, because it was too hard to figure out how to integrate an offline and online part together, but I thought that the people at Smith and Tinker achieved this goal almost perfectly. I was very pleased with their product once they started handing them out. Unforunately my excitement died a half an hour later as my Nanoscope stopped working. Hopefully their online beta will be a lot more error free than the Nanoscope, but this is definitely a product that I look forward to in the future to compete with Pokemon and other big name brands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment