Thursday, May 14, 2009

Monopoly

Lately, I have been obessively playing online Monopoly (in fact I'm playing as I'm writing this). I mainly started playing to free myself from boredom in class (never in Digital Play though!). Now, I have not only resorted to playing in my classes, but in my free time as well. I have always enjoyed Monopoly as a kid, as I seemed to have an innate business sense which many of my fellow peers lacked. Also with less and less time to actually find time to playing console games due to lack of portability and time, Monopoly online is a casual game that only lasts about 45 minutes. 

A couple years ago I found out that there was an actual Monopoly World Championship (since 1973). Its quite a hefty process to be eligible. You first have to take multiple choice test about Monopoly. If you get more than 80% correct, you then have to answer 5 essay questions that are then judged before a panel. 24 people are selected through the process and are sent to Washington DC, and the winner of that goes to Las Vegas for the World Championship! I then made a goal for myself to one day become the Monopoly World Champion (even though it sounds ridiculous and unproductive). Now that I am eligible (21 and over), I will be trying to compete in it every year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment